PART 3: HOW DO YOU OIL PULL?
by Eva Rawposa
- Get some coconut oil, sesame oil, or sunflower seed oil that is not roasted or heated. It should say “cold pressed” or “expeller pressed.” If it’s organic, great! If not, great!
- Put one teaspoon (yes! a TEASPOON! NOT A TABLESPOON!!) of oil in your mouth without swallowing it. Ideally, you’ll swish this in your mouth for 20 minutes or longer. If not, no sweat.
- When you’re almost finished, put some salt in a jar with hot water and shake it until the salt melts.
- Spit out the oil, then immediately swish with the salt water. This will get the oily taste out of your mouth and kill some bad guys in one fell swoop.
- Brush your teeth!
Some Extra Oil-Pulling Tips
- Really try not to swallow it, but if you do, the world won’t end.
- There will be more liquid in your mouth as you do this (from saliva and mucous), so if you need to use less than a teaspoon, it’s no big deal.
- Ideally, this would be done 1-2 times every single day to start noticing major benefits.
- This should really be done on an empty stomach, perhaps in the morning upon rising and just before bed.
If you’re out there swishing while you read, Happy Pulling!
More Information on Oil Pulling:
Part 1: One person’s experience with oil pulling
Part 2: Why would oil pulling help with acne and illness?
ANY QUESTIONS? COMMENTS? Just type whatever you have to say below. We’d love to hear from you, no matter what it is. Well, as long as it is related to Oil Pulling, Skin, Health, etc. in some way!