Below, you will find links to BLOGS, DIRECTORIES, FORUMS, RECIPES, and other RESOURCES to help you on your personal wellness journey. I have been careful to screen (and not include) sites which are more promotion than information, and also sites that have sexual or other contact. Please do look at your own risk, however, because I am not operating or officially endorsing any of the listed sites!
The blogs and websites below are in no particular order. Please do contact me if you have a great resource to add to the list.
I do want to note that if you have a website that is self-promoting but does not have a great amount of information on it, I would love to see it but will not be able to feature it on this list. Thank you!
- Glow Food — Very cute and fun blog with some great recipes like gnocchi!
- The Sunny Raw Kitchen — Carmella Soleil’s blog with recipes & travels
- Raw Reform — Angela Stokes’ journey & incredible weight loss
- Sweetly Raw — Heathy Pace’s blog with lots of desserts & travels
- Jinjee Talifero’s blog — with candid & thoughtful insights into long-term raw veganism
- Bitt of Raw — Blog with more lifestyle than recipes
- Eighty Percent Raw — Great resource of information
- Rawmazing — Blog with stunning recipes
- Ravishing Raw blog — Marie-Claire Hermans’ blog with VERY helpful tutorials
- Kristen’s Raw — Blog from new mom & former vegan bodybuilder Kristen Suzanne
- Raw on 10 ($/day) — Blog on keeping the budget tight on raw
- Choosing Raw — Lovely blog with great recipes
- Loving Raw — Philip McCluskey’s journey (lost nearly 200 pounds!) & recipes
- Radical Radiance — Courtney Pool’s recipes, fasting & inspiration
- Rawdorable — Mom’s blog with more lifestyle than recipes
- Raw Model — Anthony Anderson’s blog on raw life & “replanting paradise”
- Ginger is the New Pink — Blog on raw lifestyle more than recipes
- Live Food Experience — Adam Graham’s site with very funny videos & raw recipes
- The High Raw Nourished Kitchen — New mom Joanna Steven’s articles, recipes & tips
- Raw Family — The Boutenko family’s official website
- Raw Food Muse — Gina Silvestri shares how she lost 125 lbs. on raw.
VEGGIE (BUT NOT ALWAYS RAW) SITES
- This Dish is Veg — seriously AWESOME site with vegan/vegetarian-related resources and several really fabulous raw food recipes although most are cooked.
- Animal-Friendly Eating — Recipes (often cooked) with other trinkets mixed in
- Vegan Cooking for Carnivores — Lots of info & videos, but it’s all cooked
- Vegan Cooking — Same author as “Vegan Cooking for Carnivores” — Great resource for vegans but is almost entirely cooked
- Barefoot & Frolicking — Plenty of recipes (sometimes cooked) & musings
- Love Veggies & Yoga — Offbeat, hilarious, often cooked but oh-so-funny so it’s OK
- The Fitnessista — Workouts & recipes, often cooked
- Fat-Free Vegan — Quite a lot of photos & recipes, usually cooked
- The Traveling Vegan — Katelyn von Feldt — STUNNING photography
- Hungry, Hungry Hippie — Blog with lots of info, recipes & laughs, some raw
- Sunny Vegan — Amanda Prince’s stunningly (cooked) veggie blog
- Vegan Crunk — Vegan, cooked, hilarious blog
GENERAL HEALTH-RELATED SITES
- Natural News — Reminding us over & over that we live in a crazy world
- Renegade Health — High raw, informational website with daily videos
- Be a Better Being — Some recipes, research, lifestyle articles
- Juice Feasting — Everything you ever wanted to know about juice feasting
OVERALL INSPIRATIONAL SITES
- Crazy Sexy Life — Kris Carr’s blog after surviving cancer & jumping into life
- Some of Jenny Cornbleet’s recipes — author of Raw Food Made Easy
- The recipe list on Raw Guru — A HUGE list
- The recipe list on Bitt of Raw
- The recipe list on Shine on Raw
- The recipe list on Raw Glow
- The recipe list on Uncooking101
- The recipe list on We Like it Raw
- The Happy Raw Kitchen — no longer updated but some great Halloween recipes
- Chef Tina Jo’s Recipes — lots of videos & great recipes
- Fresh and Alive Recipes — A few of Ken Rohla’s recipes
- Some of Russell James’s Recipes UK chef with more complex, gorgeous recipes
- Raw Yum – A few simple recipes.
- Raw Food Talk This site is run by Alissa Cohen and is based on her ideas about raw food; basically, as long as it’s raw, it’s fair game to talk about. But no discussing “old” dieting ideas like counting carbs, fat, calories, or anything else. This site is pretty active.
- 30 Bananas a Day — Durian Rider tells me this forum for fruitarians is THE most active raw site on the Net!
- Living-Foods This forum has been around for FOREVER and has quite a lot of information up.
- Raw Freedom Community This site is has “caretakers” rather than moderators. Anything goes — but the community is full of members that are kind and respectful to one another. There is tons of information about recipes and general raw food and health discussion.
- Raw Food Rehab — Penni Shelton’s online “rehab” forum, lots of support
- Organic Living Food This is a great resource for finding cacao butter, cacao powder, and other bulk products at a “bargain”.
- Raw Guru A wide variety of raw food products
- Shop Organic A selection not only of organic raw products, but also all kinds of organic things.
- Sirova — Joanna Steven’s shop with super foods & starter kits+
- Nuts Online has a wide selection of nuts, some of which are raw. I would recommend checking with them before ordering “raw” almonds as they may be labeled as raw but not truly raw because of the bogus pasteurization laws currently in effect in the USA.
- The Raw Food World
- Sprouts: Sprout People (my fave!), Sprout Man, Sprout House
- Cleanses: Dr. Natura, Blessed Herbs
- Date People — Fabulous dates grown in Cali
OTHER USEFUL SITES
- Find a farmers market in your area, if you are in the USA.
- All Raw Directory — directory for all things raw
- Raw Vegan Radio — Steven Prussack’s myriad of interviews with raw movers ‘n shakers
- Fragrant Beauty Lab — Classes to make raw/natural skincare products
- GREAT sprouting resource — Sprout People
- Growing Raw — Fair amount of ads but TOTALLY worth sharing anyways, with the heaps and heaps of info on growing and staying raw