It’s not always a great substitution, but here. Oh. My. Gracious. It’s DIVINE!
Makes 1 cake with 6 small servings
INGREDIENTS (STEP 1)
1/4 cup cashews
1/4 cup pecans
1-2 Tbsp coconut crystals or date sugar
INGREDIENT (STEP 2)
3 medjool (or moist, fresh) dates
INGREDIENTS (STEP 3)
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
pinch finely ground sea salt
- Food process only the cashews, pecans, and coconut sugar until they are a powder almost like the consistency of the coconut crystals or like brown sugar.
- Add the dates, one at a time. Make sure to remove the pit first!
- Finally, add the vanilla and salt.
- To shape as pictured, I patted the mixture down (tight) into a small bowl, then turned it over onto a separate plate and tapped the bowl to release the cake. Voila!
- To cut the pieces, I used a sharp paring knife which I rinsed in warm water before cutting.