NOTE FROM EVA: This recipe is my own, which means you are welcome to share it with your friends, on the internet, with your family. I would love to see you pass it around. But please, do give me credit and use the quick blurb right below the recipe.
INGREDIENTS (FOR CRUST/BASE)
2.5 cups pecans
.5 cup dates, soaked and pitted
1 T cinnamon
INGREDIENTS (FOR FILLING)
4 cups blueberries
1 T coconut nectar
- Add only the pecans to a food processor, and process until they average about the size of a pea.
- Add the soaked dates and cinnamon to the mix and continue to process. Be careful not to process too long — you want to make sure there is still some texture to your crust rather than a big glob of ingredients!
- Using a 2-piece pie pan (see column at right for tips on this), press the mixture in to form the crust.
- Blend the agave and only 2.5 cups of the blueberries together, then hand mix the remainder of the blueberries.
- Pour the whole mix into your crust, then refrigerate.
Almost immediately the liquid will begin to gel (like magic!) thanks to the naturally occuring pectin in blueberries. You will want to wait at least 2-3 hours before you cut the pie and serve.
Enjoy! If you keep this covered in the fridge, it will last for at least a week and even longer in the freezer. Or so I’ve heard.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE! Would you like to use this recipe in your e-zine or on your website? You can, as long as you include the below blurb and link to the newsletter along with it.
This recipe was originally found in Raw News Bites, Eva Rawposa’s free weekly e-zine for raw food lovers and anyone looking to feel great. You can get your FREE recipes and tips, and your free subscription to Raw News Bites, at www.uncooking101.com. PLUS you will receive a link to download Eva’s book “Around the World in 8 Easy Recipes” when you sign up, as your WELCOME GIFT!
ANY QUESTIONS? COMMENTS? Just type whatever you have to say below. We’d love to hear from you, no matter what it is. Well, as long as it is related to the pie in some way!