This super easy recipe is a perfect one to have on hand for a dinner party – you’ll WOW your guests. It comes to us from Kristen Suzanne!
* 1 cup hazelnuts*
* 1 cup raw chocolate powder
* 1 cup dried coconut, shredded & unsweetened
* 1 cup raw agave nectar
* 2/3 cup coconut butter
* 1/2 cup raw cacao nibs
* 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan crystal salt
- Using a food processor, fitted with the “S” blade, grind the hazelnuts to a fairly medium/fine grind. Transfer to a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Stir all the ingredients together well by hand, or use a mixer with a paddle attachment to make it easier.
- Use a tablespoon measurement to spoon out the batter and place on a cookie sheet (I like using a tablespoon size ice cream scoop). Freeze for up to an hour and enjoy
*My favorite way to make these is with hazelnuts, but if you don’t have those on hand, you could try other nuts or seeds.
My favorite way to enjoy these is straight from the freezer or refrigerator. When I take them to a party, I put them in the host’s refrigerator, or freezer, until I’m ready to serve them. If they sit at room temperature they can get a little soft (but still yummy). An option to help prevent the softening at room temperature is to dehydrate them at 105 degrees for 16 – 24 hours right after you make them.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE! We were psyched when Kristen Suzanne agreed to join forces with uncooking101.com to bring you best of the raw and living food world! We LOVE (seriously) Kristen’s recipes and want to keep a good relationship with her. Out of respect for how awesome sauce Kristen and her creations are, PLEASE do not repost her recipe without her direct permission. You may, however, and we even hope you will, post the link to Facebook or anywhere you like to get your friends over to the recipe. Thank you!
ANY QUESTIONS? COMMENTS? Just type whatever you have to say below. We’d love to hear from you, no matter what it is. Well, as long as it is related to the macaroons in some way!