This recipe comes from chef Diana Stobo, author of “Get Naked Fast” and “Naked Bliss” and one really super-inspiring raw chick.
Pumpkin Spiced Party Mix
Servings: 1 large bowl
Measuring cups and spoons
Mesh grid sheet
Airtight container (for storage)
1 cup almonds, soaked
1 cup pecans, soaked
1 cup pumpkin seeds, soaked
1 cup sunflower seeds, soaked
1 cup cashews
1 cup shaved coconut
1 cup raisins
1 cup cranberries
2 cups fresh pumpkin, cubed
1 cup maple syrup
1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
1 1/2 Tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
1. Almonds should be soaked for 12 hours. Pecans, pumpkin and sunflower seeds only for 2 hours. (The rest should not be soaked.) 2. After soaking, rinse and drain and place in large mixing bowl.
3. Add the un-soaked cashew, coconut, raisins and cranberries and toss.
4. Place Pumpkin, maple syrup, salt and spices in high speed blender and blend until pureed.
5. Pour mixture over nuts and seeds and toss until completely coated.
6. Prepare dehydrator tray with and teflex sheet laying over mesh grid sheet.
7. Pour mixture onto 2-3 trays and spread evenly.
8. Place in dehydrator for 3-5 hours at 105 degrees.
9. Remove trays and transfer mixture from teflex to grid sheet only and continue to dehydrate for 12-24 hours, until mix is crunchy.
Will keep in airtight container for up to a month.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE! We were psyched when Diana Stobo agreed to join forces with uncooking101.com to bring you best of the raw and living food world! We LOVE (seriously) Diana’s recipes and want to keep a good relationship with her. Out of respect for how awesome sauce Diana and her creations are, PLEASE do not repost her recipe without her direct permission. You may, however, and we even hope you will, post the link to Facebook or anywhere you like to get your friends over to the recipe. Thank you!
ANY QUESTIONS? COMMENTS? Just type whatever you have to say below. We’d love to hear from you, no matter what it is. Well, as long as it is related to the party mix in some way!