NOTE FROM EVA: This recipe is my own, which means you are welcome to share it with your friends, on the internet, with your family. I would love to see you pass it around. But please, do give me credit and use the quick blurb right below the recipe.
Ice Cream Maker
1 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
1 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
Water and meat from 1 young Thai coconut
1/2 cup coconut nectar
1 Tablespoon lime juice
Pinch of sea salt
(Optional: 1 Tablespoon beet juice)
(Optional: 1/4 cup finely diced strawberries)
Blend all ingredients until smooth, then process in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
HINTS & TIPS
- Optional extras: Add the diced strawberries in the last half of the ice cream processing if you’d like a bit of texture and the beet juice for a brighter color.
- You can add some fresh raspberries to the top for an extra lovely touch. You could even blend some strawberries, raspberries, agave, and a touch of ice to make a berry sauce to top it off.
- It will change the flavor some, but if you don’t have access to young Thai coconuts, you could replace it with a couple frozen bananas and enough water to make everything turn in the blender.
- You could also replace the coconut with a blended mix of coconut shreds and water.
- Keep frozen strawberries and bananas, as well as agave or a similar sweetener on hand.
- If you like to be creative in the kitchen, making fresh lemon or lime juice every few days and storing it in a jar works well.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE! Would you like to use this recipe in your e-zine or on your website? You can, as long as you include the below blurb and link to the newsletter along with it.
This recipe was originally found in Raw News Bites, Eva Rawposa’s free weekly e-zine for raw food lovers and anyone looking to feel great. You can get your FREE recipes and tips, and your free subscription to Raw News Bites, at www.uncooking101.com. PLUS you will receive a link to download Eva’s book “Around the World in 8 Easy Recipes” when you sign up, as your WELCOME GIFT!
ANY QUESTIONS? COMMENTS? Just type whatever you have to say below. We’d love to hear from you, no matter what it is. Well, as long as it is related to the sorbet in some way!